Notice...

The purpose of this blog is to have a little fun. It is NOT to start arguments. I don't profess to be an expert on Sci-fi, nor do I aspire to become an expert. You are welcome to comment on any and all content you find here. If my opinion differs from yours, as far as I am concerned, it's all okay. I will never say that you are wrong because you disagree with me, and I expect the same from those that comment here. Also, my audience on the blog will include some young people. Please govern your language when posting comments.

Posts will hopefully be regular based on the movies I see, the television shows I watch, and the books I read as well as what ever strikes me as noteworthy.


***SPOILER ALERT***
Spoilers will appear here and are welcome.

Autograph Collecting

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Star Trek Continues Is Looking For Help To Continue - The "Kirkstarter" Campaign

Star Trek Continues Kickstarter Campaign

Last May, I wrote a review of an episode of a continuation of original series Star Trek entitled Star Trek Continues: Pilgrim of Eternity.  To be brief, I was completely sold that this was “not like Star Trek, it IS Star Trek” (quote from another fan of the episode).  Following the release of Pilgrim, many others were so impressed that they began flooding the website, Facebook, and Twitter with requests to be allowed to help produce further episodes with donations of money.
Well, those who want to help have gotten their wish through the Star Trek Continues Kickstarter campaign.

The man who plays Captain Kirk on STC funded the first episode himself as part of a life-long dream to have a significant role in a Trek show.  Now Vic Mignogna is looking for the fans help to continue producing more episodes, about three a year, to complete the “five year mission” as it was intended to be back in the 1960’s.

This is a project that is being produced out of a love for original series Trek and is not just like the original, it is precisely accurate right down to the story content, uniforms, and sets.  I would urge any Trek Fan to give the first episode a look.

If you would like to know more about why Vic and the rest of the cast and crew are doing this series, I would recommend that, along with the STC Kickstarter page, you give a listen to a recent episode of the Scifi Diner Podcast that features an interview with Vic.

That’s enough from me; here is the video that is posted on the Kickstarter site:



So here are some other links mentioned above:


Please watch the episode and consider helping with the production of future episodes.  As you can see, STC episodes are huge undertakings to assure quality and authenticity.  There are numerous rewards offered at many different levels of support.  As of the time of my writing of this, there are 19 days left and the project is only about 1/3 funded, leaving a long way to go.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I did make a pledge of support myself.

Well, there it is…

Q’aplaH’!

No comments:

Post a Comment