Notice...

The purpose of this blog is to have a little fun. It is NOT to start arguments. I don't profess to be an expert on Sci-fi, nor do I aspire to become an expert. You are welcome to comment on any and all content you find here. If my opinion differs from yours, as far as I am concerned, it's all okay. I will never say that you are wrong because you disagree with me, and I expect the same from those that comment here. Also, my audience on the blog will include some young people. Please govern your language when posting comments.

Posts will hopefully be regular based on the movies I see, the television shows I watch, and the books I read as well as what ever strikes me as noteworthy.


***SPOILER ALERT***
Spoilers will appear here and are welcome.

Autograph Collecting

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gemini Force 1 - An Opportunity For Sci-Fi Fans



Gerry Anderson's Gemini Force 1 Kickstarter Campaign.

A few days ago, I received a follow request from Gerry Anderson MBE.  I followed back just out of curiosity.  Not long after, I received a tweet and it contained a request for help in promoting a Kickstarter project.  After finally realizing and remembering who Gerry Anderson was, I am more than happy to pass this on to you.

For those of you who may not know, Gerry Anderson was a British television and film producer that pioneered a style called Supermarionation, or the use of marionettes and miniatures to produce television series during the 1960’s.  There is a large list of shows to his credit that were in this style, but I mostly remember one called Stingray.
 
Stingray was a science fiction adventure series that I looked forward to seeing every day when I was young.  It was about an agency charged with keeping the oceans safe against evil forces.  Here is the pilot episode in full from YouTube.


Even though this is a very old show, one can see that the production was of high quality and I think it still holds up today.  This is part 1 of three parts.  The rest is available on YouTube.

Another very excellent show produced by Gerry Anderson was one that more of us should remember, or perhaps have discovered since its production.  Space 1999 starred Martin Landau and Barbara Bain.  This was another quality show in which due to a catastrophe, the Moon is hurtled out of Earth’s orbit.  The people on Moon Base Alpha, a permanent research facility on the moon, have to find ways to survive as the distance between the two bodies increases.  Here is the pilot episode of Space 1999…

 
Again, another quality show using live actors.

So what’s happening now?  Well, Jamie Anderson, son of the late Gerry Anderson, is looking to produce a new project based on one of his father’s ideas for a series called Gemini Force 1.  This concept was developed and written by Gerry Anderson between 2008 and 2011 with some work done in 2012 before Gerry succumbed to Alzheimer’s.  Jamie is now looking to Kickstarter to help him see his father’s work come to fruition in a series of books that later might be further developed into a television show or feature film.

In this video, Jamie explains…


The total amount the project needs to get sufficient funding is $38,000.  They have already collected over $15,000 with the funding opportunity closing on October 5, 2013.

If you cannot help financially with this project, it would equally valuable to help this project by boosting the signal.  Check out the Kickstarter post, share it with friends on whatever social media you can.  Talk to people about the project, blog about it.  This is a Sci-Fi project that fans can get behind and truly be a part of.

For complete details, click HERE to go to the Kickstarter page.

Well, there it is…

QaplaH’!

No comments:

Post a Comment