Notice...

The purpose of this blog is to have a little fun. It is NOT to start arguments. I don't profess to be an expert on Sci-fi, nor do I aspire to become an expert. You are welcome to comment on any and all content you find here. If my opinion differs from yours, as far as I am concerned, it's all okay. I will never say that you are wrong because you disagree with me, and I expect the same from those that comment here. Also, my audience on the blog will include some young people. Please govern your language when posting comments.

Posts will hopefully be regular based on the movies I see, the television shows I watch, and the books I read as well as what ever strikes me as noteworthy.


***SPOILER ALERT***
Spoilers will appear here and are welcome.

Autograph Collecting

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Back From Hiatus - Reality Gets In The Way...



If there are any regular readers of this blog, you have perhaps been wondering what happened and why it has been two months since my last post.  Or perhaps you haven’t been wondering.  Either way, I feel the need to render an explanation to those who may think that I have given up the blog.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  I have really missed writing my reviews and other things.

In short, reality has gotten in the way for a while.  As a public school music educator, we were in the third quarter which is always an interesting time with at least one, or sometimes two pep-band gigs a week.  There are wrestling tournaments, Chrissy’s activities, and on top of all of that, becoming involved with two projects that are taking some time.  Add to that a few minor health issues, and as you might guess, I needed some rest.  But I am hoping that the hiatus is over now and I will be once again posting more regularly.




One thing that has taken up a lot of my time is preparing for The Dune Saga Podcast.  If you aren’t familiar with this podcast, it is a once a month show.  David Moulton and Scott Hertzog of the SciFi Diner Podcast are reading ALL of the Dune books in chronological order and releasing three shows connected with each book.  So far, we have read and reviewed the Legends of Dune series, and have begun reading the Prelude to Dune series.  A new episode is due for release on March 7, 2104.  We take a close look at Dune: House Atreides by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.  Along with that, David summarizes the entire book in ten minutes or less in his Dune In Ten segment.  Finally, we found that we were getting a lot of listener feedback, too much to include in the regular show, so we started the Dune Saga Listener Feedback show.  Just follow the links to listen to our work.




In honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of Babylon 5, Raul Ybarra and I are working on another podcast called The Babylon Project Podcast.  We have actually recorded some shows and are hoping for a release of regular episodes soon.  Watch this space for announcements of our upcoming project.

Over the next few days, I am hoping to post about the books I have been reading since going on hiatus.  That is, other than the Dune books that have taken up a bunch of my time.  I did read Dayton Ward’s wrap up of the Star Trek: The Fall series titled Peacable Kingdoms.  I also read two novellas by Michael Jan Friedman which will appear here soon.  I also just finished reading an outstanding story by Andy Weir called The Martian.

In any case, this blog is back from hiatus, hopefully.

Well, there it is…

QaplaH’!

No comments:

Post a Comment